Friday, April 8, 2011

A good day for estate sale shopping

The day started out with rain, and since I was up early, it was a good day to check out some estate sales in the area. It turned out to be great!


Vintage tins...check out the health food - potato chips! Maxwell House tin with lid, vintage safety glasses, travel binoculars, lots of buttons, old Michigan license plates, Cub Scout pocket knife,  Royal manual typewriter in its case, frames, rulers...this was a good day to get up early and go take a look.

Here's a close up shot:



I took these shots in the kitchen, which has the most light in the house, and just can't get a decent indoor shot. Each of these will go in my lightbox to get the really good pics.

This is in great condition and I can't wait to research it:



Some of this will just get a cleaning and go right into my shop, and other stuff will be upcycled. I'm thinking of a cool idea for the frames that involves vintage book pages and colorful images...I'm feeling fancy-dancy :)

The new color for spring seems to be aqua/turquoise - what do you think? Are you feeling aqua or some other color for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts! I appreciate each and every one of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...