Thursday, October 6, 2011

Off to Chi-Town!

Hi everyone!

I'm off to one of my favorite cities this weekend - Chicago! I'm going to support The American Cancer Society at the Chicago Marathon. My husband and I are going to be up at 4:30 in the morning on Sunday to get our cheering spots on the course. If you hear cowbells, it's us cheering on the runners! There's nothing like being in a race and getting cheered by the bystanders; it's like what I imagine an olympic athlete must feel like :)

We'll both be running the Detroit Half Marathon on Oct 16th - my first! The running has been going well except for oh, you know, the fact that my knees are 47 years old and have never run more than 6 miles at a time! But, with the help of knee braces and the stubborn-ness determination that is second nature to me, I'm going to run 13.1 miles next weekend.

All of this is my excuse for being away from the post for a few days...deep dish pizza, here I come!!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun cheering on the racers AND running your first half marathon! It's all for a good cause and you get a little healthier as an added bonus. I have a day off today, so right now I'm getting my fanny off this chair and out for a long walk outside. ( No running for moi.) :@

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts! I appreciate each and every one of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...