Friday, January 13, 2012

Things They Are A-Changing

Well, you might have wondered where I've been lately...or not...maybe you didn't notice at all...I've been known to disappear before :)

Here's my excuse reason for the lapse in posting: I'm lazy We're moving! After many many years in Michigan, my husband has accepted a position in the Washington D.C. area!

This is such an exciting, sad, wonderful, scary time and the purgatory limbo I've been in, waiting to hear about whether or now we'll have to pull up stakes and move has been the real reason for the lack of crafting, furniture redos, and general artistic expression.

And guess what? No, not 'chicken-butt' as Ms. Gwen of The Bold Abode pulled on me once. I'm going to be super busy for the next few weeks.

You'll see 'before' pics of the changes that need to be wrought on the house that needs to be sold. The home staging journey will be documented, so if that interests you, please stick around. You'll see what needs to be done before a house (hopefully) sells quickly in this housing market.

My moving/packing list is a mile long, and the staging list is even longer so wish me luck and if anyone's in the DC area - I am taking suggestions for places to live - please share!

10 comments:

  1. How exciting! Will enjoy living the journey through your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! {and hahaha...chicken butt...} You've had me on pins and needles! Do you know Cassie? of Primitive and Proper? She's in the D.C. Area...you should talk ta her. Maybe we can move over there, too, and make it a really cool place to live...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jill! What an exciting adventure! Can't wait to hear all about it. I've moved more times than I can count so I know all about packing, although I've never had to sell a home to move. Good luck!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on move. I look forward to your staging projects. And how you will make your mark on your new home. Good Luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um YES I have missed you and wondered where you've been! How EXCITING!! Congratulations!! I wish you all the best, a smooth move, and loads of happiness. I'll have to come visit you in DC (I've been several times but hubby has NEVER been!!)

    Prayers and hugs sent your way
    xoxo
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering where you have been.......congrats to you & your hubby!!! - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there! gwen told me you were moving out this way! where are you looking into? i am in the frederick area now, about an hour outside of dc. we just moved here in october from the annapolis area. can't wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck to you! I don't like moving, most probably because I had lived in 13 houses by the time I was 13 years old. Not nice. But a change is as good as a holiday, they say. And it is always a time to reinvent yourself, and learn even more. I hope you enjoy the new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're neighbors now! My sis and I live about 40 minutes from the D.C. area. Good luck on the new change.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the area! DC is a really cool place to live these days.
    ~ Lifelong Silver Spring resident

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts! I appreciate each and every one of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...